Work with Urban Rec
We are presently looking for Event Hosts for our upcoming leagues. Event Hosts get to be a special part of our Urban Rec team, and are influential and integral in helping to make our leagues better! There is a large selection of locations/nights of league play to choose from. EH roles are compensated with a paid honorarium and come with some great perks!
What do EVENT HOSTS do?
Event Hosts’ roles and responsibilities are to supervise and monitor play in our leagues and tournaments. Our Event Hosts facilitate a positive and social atmosphere in all of our activities. You must be outgoing, social and energetic. You must know your sport really well, and feel confident in teaching the rules, and in most cases have access to carry a kit bag with gear.
Most Event Hosts work one night per week per season (although some work 2 or more nights). For every night that you host, you receive a free night of play in one of our other leagues! Each league is night-specific; for example, this means that you would work 3-4 hours each Monday for a Monday league for the duration of the league. Most leagues run 10-12 weeks depending on the weather, and anticipated rain outs.
We encourage our participants to Event Host a sport they are very familiar with. Event Hosts may not play on the same night which they work on.
- Setting up equipment as needed
- Organizing teams and starting matches on time
- Ensuring schedules, stats and scores are recorded each night
- Be an ambassador for Urban Rec at your venue
- Make announcements about upcoming events before the start of each session
- Interact with participants and ensure that they are having a great experience
- Be an advocate for Urban Rec at your venue/sport
- Contributing to our community by attending our social events, a proud advocate for Urban Rec
- Participating in our social media challenges and trends
- Attending staff social nights
- Nominating members for the Ambassador Program
- Be influential in league decisions, and creating a better experience
- One free night of league play for every night of event hosting (concurrent season)
- Get paid to workout, and meet new people
- Free official Urban Rec apparel and sponsor swag
- Priority registration for your team
- Free or reduced entry to most Urban Rec events
- Meet 1000's of fun, social, active people!
POSITIONS OPEN NOW:
We are currently recruiting Event Hosts for the following sports for the current season. Weekday leagues start between 6pm and 8:30pm and last 2 to 4 hours. No leagues end after 10pm and weekend leagues are on Sunday afternoons.
- BEACH VOLLEYBALL – Sundays @ North Gong Beach
- FLAG GRIDIRON – Tuesdays @ UOW
- MULTISPORT – Mondays @ UOW or Thursdays @ UOW
- NETBALL – Mondays @ Berkeley, Tuesdays @ UOW or Wednesdays @ Berkeley
- SOCCER – Mondays @ UOW or Thursdays @ UOW
- TOUCH FOOTBALL – Thursdays @ UOW
- SUPER SUB → This person would not necessarily have a permanet shift, but would have flexibility to sub into multiple leagues at the present moment, then would be 1st in line for a permanent shift in our next season.
HOW TO APPLY
This is a very face to face role, so the best way to get our attention is face to face! Here are some other ways we would like to hear from you.
- Record a video, and email it to us at [email protected]