UR Internship Program 2022
We are excited to announce a brand-new internship program for students, graduates or candidates who are looking to gain experience and exposure in a social sport management industry. This internship will be personalised and very much designed to leave you with important career highlights and foster your own personal development to help you understand your strength and weaknesses.
Our multi-million-dollar business delivers sports leagues and events to thousands of members across 4 cities. Our small but mighty team deliver over 300 leagues annually and we are looking for highly motivated candidates to join us for a 6-month incentivised internship. You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic, high performance and super social management team. This program could highly likely lead to a more permanent role within the business.
Go behind the scenes and learn about a real and passionate business that has grown from grassroots over the last 10 years. We are looking for 5-6 interns across 4 cities to join us starting July/August 2022 till January 2023.
Hours & Pay
Each city will have different requirements. Generally speaking, afternoons and evenings will be the most important part of the role with roughly 30% of your time spent in the office or working from home to achieve your weekly tasks and goals – and attend vital meetings. This internship is expected to be roughly 20 hours per week, but can be flexible based on course requirements.
The first 3 months of the internship are unpaid, after the halfway progress check you could be a candidate to complete your final 3 months as paid.
Program to include
- Weekly Intern Help Hub – Meet with other interns working in other cities to stay on track with your learning and development, build friendships, contacts and a network from other students in other cities just like you. Set weekly goals and intentions.
- Personally assigned buddy – Someone to go to when you need help, direction, mentoring or just some advice from someone who has been there before.
- Career mentoring - working closely with our MD and GM’s to help with self-development and upskilling depending on personalised interests and your natural skillsets.
- Attend companywide meetings – Join our regular weekly and monthly meetings to see how a multi-city, multi-million-dollar business stays motivated, high-performance, and ever-evolving.
- Hands on sports experience – Being in sports often means playing or hosting sports. Each week you will be given an opportunity to learn and host a new sport. Learn about our more niche sports like Dodgeball or Flag Gridiron, as well as host competitions for our more regular sports like Netball, Footy and Soccer.
- Halfway Progress Check – After the first 3 months learning the ropes, take the opportunity to focus on one part of the business that interests you. Choose to accept projects, take over a league and step up your responsibilities and test your accountability and what you’ve learnt. You could be running a league, a venue, and event, a marketing project or a new product within the business. This half way progress check also marks the beginning of your paid component.
- Marketing & Content – Work with General Managers to learn about how Urban Rec approaches marketing. Help produce content, write captions, understand our brand voice and learn what it takes to attract new customers to our business and keep our current customers engaged, informed and interested.
- League Management – Assist League Managers to deliver the biggest part of our business. Sports leagues! Learn about all the behind the scenes processes we use to run leagues as well as attend leagues to support our team of vibrant event hosts and deliver exceptional leagues.
- Business Processes – Peek behind the curtains to see how a small business delivers a polished product to thousands of participants weekly.
- Customer Service – Get face to face with our customers in person, on the phone and via email and social media. Learn the difference between good and exceptional customer service.
- Wow Moments – Learn about the moments that turn our members into raving fans. Support the League Management team to deliver wow moments daily – think trophy drinking ceremonies, competitions, pop up bars, BBQ’s, Most Fun Player awards, Halloween, Xmas themed nights, and priority registration activations.
- Events & Tournaments – Support the management team in delivering special bespoke events and Tournaments for our staff and members. Think Trivia nights, golf days, Christmas Parties, Boat Parties, Beach Tournaments, Pub nights, World Cup Tournaments and more.